Skip to main content
Advertisement
Live broadcast

Roskomnadzor commented on reports about the possible blocking of Telegram in the spring

0
Photo: IZVESTIA/Yulia Khramtsova
Озвучить текст
Select important
On
Off

On February 17, Roskomnadzor (RCN) commented on reports that the Telegram messenger would allegedly be blocked in the spring of this year.

Earlier that day, information appeared on the Network that Telegram would allegedly be completely blocked in Russia on April 1. Facebook Instagram and Facebook were said to be blocked (both social networks belong to Meta, which is recognized as an extremist organization and banned in the Russian Federation).

"The agency has nothing to add to the previously published information on this issue," RBC's Roskomnadzor reports.

On the eve of the RCN, Sergei Boyarsky, head of the State Duma Committee on Information Policy, commented on the statement that Telegram was in dialogue with the agency amid a slowdown in the service. The RCN also noted that the agency has "nothing to add" on the topic.

At the same time, it was reported that Telegram blocked more than 200 thousand groups and channels on Sunday, February 15. This was the highest daily figure since January 23, when restrictions affected 300,840 groups and channels.

On February 10, the RCN press service reported that a number of messengers, including Telegram, continue to ignore the requirements of the law, despite previously announced warnings. Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on February 11 that the legislative measures introduced in Russia regarding Telegram were binding. He added that the Kremlin is aware of contacts with Telegram representatives.

All important news is on the Izvestia channel in the MAX messenger.

Переведено сервисом «Яндекс Переводчик»

Live broadcast