Skip to main content
Advertisement
Live broadcast

The representative of the ZAES reported on the daily shelling of the Armed Forces of Ukraine

0
Озвучить текст
Select important
On
Off

The situation at the Zaporizhia Nuclear Power Plant (NPP) remains unstable due to daily attacks by the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU). This was announced on September 17 by Evgenia Yashina, Director of Communications at ZAES.

On Tuesday, September 16, the Ukrainian Armed Forces launched an attack in the area of the fuel depots at the nuclear power plant. As a result of the shelling, dry vegetation caught fire. The distance from the place of ignition to the place of storage of diesel fuel was about 400 m. The ZAES press service reported that there is no threat to the main infrastructure facilities.

"The danger of new attacks from the Ukrainian Armed Forces remains. The situation remains unsettled," Yashina told RIA Novosti.

Earlier in the day, the Governor of the Zaporizhia region, Yevgeny Balitsky, said that the systematic artillery attacks by the Ukrainian Armed Forces on the territory of the nuclear power plant threaten a nuclear catastrophe, the consequences could affect the whole world. He also noted that Kiev's actions can be considered as nuclear blackmail, which requires condemnation from the international community.

All important news is on the Izvestia channel in the MAX messenger.

Переведено сервисом «Яндекс Переводчик»

Live broadcast