The United States has not ruled out the use of force against Venezuela to ensure cooperation.
- Новости
- World
- The United States has not ruled out the use of force against Venezuela to ensure cooperation.
The US authorities do not rule out forceful measures against Venezuela to ensure "maximum cooperation." This was announced on January 28 by United States Secretary of State Marco Rubio at a hearing in the relevant Senate committee.
"We are ready to use force to ensure maximum cooperation if other methods prove ineffective," the Associated Press quoted him as saying.
Rubio noted: The United States hopes that such a need will not arise. According to him, American leader Donald Trump has made it clear that the country will not tolerate crime or the creation of bases for its opponents in this hemisphere.
Earlier in the day, Rubio said that the situation in Venezuela had improved significantly after the United States operation to capture the country's leader, Nicolas Maduro. In his opinion, positive changes in the country will continue to develop.
Interim Venezuelan President Delcy Rodriguez said on January 27 that Caracas plans to resolve existing differences with Washington through diplomacy and political contacts that have already begun to be established.
All important news is on the Izvestia channel in the MAX messenger.
Переведено сервисом «Яндекс Переводчик»