The governor of Rio de Janeiro State called the police operation in the favelas "successful."
- Новости
- World
- The governor of Rio de Janeiro State called the police operation in the favelas "successful."
The governor of the state of Rio de Janeiro, Claudio Castro, amid the deaths of dozens of people during a police operation in the favelas, said he considered the actions of law enforcement officers successful. This was announced on October 29 by the Brazilian portal G1.
"I would like to express my solidarity with the families of the four soldiers who gave their lives to save the population. Yesterday, we only had these police officers as victims," Castro said.
The article notes that after the operation, the bodies of more than 130 people were removed from the scene, but only 58 deaths were officially confirmed, including four policemen and 54 alleged perpetrators..
According to the governor, all the victims, in addition to the police, were associated with criminal activity, as the operation was carried out in a wooded area. In his opinion, the presence of people in this territory confirmed their participation in criminal activities.
Castro did not specify the reasons for the change in the death toll, which previously stood at 64.He also did not comment on the 64 more bodies left in San Lucas Square.
On October 28, about 2.5 thousand military and civilian police participated in an operation called "Deterrence", the purpose of which was to execute 100 arrest warrants for members of the Comando Vermelho criminal group. During the operation, 81 people were arrested, 10 rifles, a pistol and nine motorcycles were seized.
Later, 64 people were reported dead, including four policemen.
All important news is on the Izvestia channel in the MAX messenger.
Переведено сервисом «Яндекс Переводчик»